Excel encourages the use of Task assignments to accomplish a specific task relating to a claim. Task type assignment will be assigned to a Field Case Manager who will complete the assignment followed by a closing report.
When to Use Task Assignment:
When appropriate, a task assignment maybe used in place of a field case assignment when the following situations require a one-time referral to:
- An anticipated P&S/MMI medical appointment.
- Pre or post hospital discharge home visit.
- Spot checks on therapy appointments.
- Mod/Alt, light duty RTW site inspection and coordination.
- First appointment with a new treating physician.
- Resolve language barrier or developmental issue impeding communication and understanding of treatment plan.
- Address non-compliance with treatment plan or return to work.
- “Reality check” to clarify with the treating physician accurate aspects of the employee’s job or inaccuracies in perception of employee’s situation.
- Clarification of non-industrial injuries.
- Cancellation of medical appointments that slow down RTW and medical recovery.